Papaya and banana loaf.... or muffins
Makes 1 large loaf or 12-15 muffins.
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 1/2 cups ripe papaya or pawpaw, chopped into 1-2cm cubes
1 large (or 2 small) ripe bananas
3/4 cups brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 cup Greek or Greek-style yoghurt
1/2 cup sunflower oil. For or a healthier option use light (flavoured) extra virgin olive oil
Finely grated rind of 1 lime or ½ a lemon
1-2 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C.
2. Lightly grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper.
3. Combine half the papaya (approximately 3/4 cup) and the banana in a bowl, coarsely mash, then stir in brown sugar, breaking up any clumps.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Pour batter into the loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. 6. Leave the loaf to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.